7.31.2012

Vacation in OBX

Saturday, July 21st - 3:02 AM
With our car loaded up, we left Pennsylvania for Corolla (pronounced Cor-ah-la, not Cor-oh-la) in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. An hour into the drive, we stopped for coffee and, like a scene in Marley & Me, Indy tried to jump out of the car, spilling our coffee everywhere. New coffees were purchased and we pushed on. Once we crossed into Virginia, we pulled in at a rest stop to change Flynn, feed Indy, and stretch our legs. Strangers greeted me with friendly Hello's which proved we were officially in the South. After 10 hours and one more stop for eating/changing/stretching... we arrived!


Highlights from the Week

Beautiful mornings on the beach.
Lots of Baby Wearing...
and Beach Playing.
Fishing...
Smoke Bombs...
Double Rainbows... (whoaaa)
& DONUTS!
Oh yeah, and there was a pool, too.
The best part?
Family.
Then we drove home. 
Exhausted, tan & happy.
Did you go anywhere fun this summer?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had fun! I got to visit my hubby in Houston for a few weeks (I'm finishing up school 10 hours away). I spent plenty of days down in Galveston with my SIL while he was at work. It was so relaxing and a nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds wonderful! I've never been to Texas... maybe someday.

      Delete
  2. Great photos/highlights! Looks amazing! I can't wait to get to the beach in 10 more days!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting.