6.28.2011

Navy, Lime & Gray

It's official, the colors for Baby Annan's room have been chosen!
Oh, we also decided on his name, too, but that's a secret...

(Only my Mom & Tim know. Taylor Family, maybe if you're really persistant at the beach in August, you can weasle it out of us. But I won't be drunk, so good luck!)

Back to the room. It's no secret that we love Ikea. It's also no secret that I like to be thrifty. These two happen to go hand-in-hand. All of his furniture is coming from Ikea, or we conveniently already own it (like the Poang chair, a toy chest built by my great grandfather that's being handed down & a small chest of wicker drawers).
Zero dollars spent so far. The rest of the furniture is coming in at under $300. It's times like these that I really enjoy doing math.

However, we're not sacraficing cuteness.
Below is my inspiration board, which is more like my "true to life" board, because almost everything you see on it will end up in the baby's room.

[art: allposters.com/fabric: fabricworm & fabric.com/everything else: ikea]

The lime green crib is pretty ballsy (for me). I wanted it to be the focal point of the room (aside from Baby A). It would definitely work for a girl, too, if we're capable of producing girls. Just add some coral and voila, instant girly room. I'm in love with the black dog posters, since as you all know, we have a black dog. We're not very subtle. The pick-up truck fabric is an ode to my first car, a blue Ford Ranger truck, and it'll most likely end up as a crib sheet. The walls are going to be soft gray, and we chose a white wardrobe & dresser to lighten up the room. It's also gender neutral so we can use it again. I mean, I got pregnant in like 2 seconds, so the chances are good that we'll have a few more down the road.

Painting starts this weekend, and I can't wait to see it all come together!


P.S. The Bachelorette. Could Ashley be any more annoying? I seriously just want this season to be over so I can watch lots of trashy hook-ups on the Bachelor Pad.

1 comment:

Please be respectful when commenting.