2.09.2011

Recipe Wednesday: Pasta a la Randoma

If there is one thing I'm good at, it's winging it.
I did this all throughout school on various tests & research papers and still managed to get awesome grades. I would go back and re-read an essay I'd written during a test and not even remember writing it.
Things just pop into my head and I go with it.

[Me in college. Umm yeah.]
The majority of the time, it all works out.
I consider myself an extremely organized, Type-A individual.
But sometimes, this feeling of sassy arrogance comes over me
and I'm just like, "Let's do this."

This often happens when I'm in the kitchen.
It's my domain. My zone.
I get annoyed when other people are in there.
It distracts me while I'm creating.

And now I will share with you last night's creation.

Pasta a la Randoma


(Translation: random pasta, cause that's literally what it is. I was cleaning out my fridge.)

Ingredients
1 lb. whole wheat pasta
1 T. olive oil
1 chicken breast, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, roughly chopped
1/2 c. chicken stock
1 container of mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 c. grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 c. kalamata olives, pitted
2 handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
Lemon juice
Parmesan cheese

Directions
Cook your pasta until it's al dente. Meanwhile, saute chicken in olive oil until cooked through. Add garlic, onions & mushrooms and saute until soft. Add stock and simmer for a few minutes. Stir in spices and simmer another minute or so. Drain pasta & put back into stock pot. Add tomatoes & olives to simmering mixture until warmed through. THEN... add all of this to your pasta. Toss in spinach and stir until everything is mixed and spinach is wilted.

Top each serving of pasta with a quick squeeze of a lemon & parmesan cheese.


Who remembers Dinner & a Movie on TBS? I claimed this giant random mug for my own when I first started working here. I eat everything out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when commenting.