2.16.2011

What's for dinner? Gourmet Pizza

Boboli Whole Wheat pizza crusts have made at least 1 dinner per week a breeze.


My only issue with them is the questionable preservatives & "artificial color." At least they've wised up and now use regular old sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Hey, nobody's perfect.
It sure beats ordering out or heating up something frozen. You at least feel like you're cooking when you add your own toppings & whip a snazzy pizza out of the oven.
[Slicing your thumb open also makes you feel like you're  actually cooking, but I advise against it.]
I've made these kinds of pizzas dozens of times before, but last night's was particularly impressive.
Just ask my husband, the wannabe professional food critic.
His comments usually make me a better cook. But sometimes I get frustrated and end up yelling something like Why can't you just tell me it's good!! I shed a few tears and then he feels bad and apologizes. I take dinner very seriously.

We are totally normal.

Sausage, Onion & Spinach Pizza

Ingredients
1 pizza crust (Boboli or make your own if you're bored)
3/4 c. marinara
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c. spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1/2 of an onion, chopped
1/2 lb. sausage*, cooked & chopped into bite-sized pieces

*We use uncured sausage, bacon & hotdogs whenever possible to avoid nitrates. They are not cool.

Directions
Cook your sausage stovetop on medium-high heat for about 3-4 min. on each side. It's way easier to slice when it's cooked, so definitely do this first. I learned the annoying way.


While the sausage is sizzlin', preheat the oven to 425 and prep your veggies.


Then layer your ingredients like so:

Marinara
Spinach
1 c. mozzarella
Onion
Sausage
1 c. mozzarella

[Putting the spinach under the cheese helps to keep it in place!]
Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting & serving.

[It's not delivery, or DiGiorno.]

1 comment:

  1. it looks delish! my local grocery store has fresh pizza dough that i am considering whipping something up with...i may take the leap.

    xoxo
    Girl Meets Bag

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting.