1.19.2011

Recipe Wednesday BONUS! Greek Salad Dressing

 Greek Salad Dressing

I make this dressing all the time (and various versions of this dressing). 
It tastes just like what you'd get in a restaurant. I swear.

Get all retro and store it in a mason jar.
Ingredients
1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil (a really good kind)
2/3 c. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. dijon mustard*

Directions
Whisk together vinegar, spices & mustard. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking vigorously. You can do this with a food processor, which I prefer, but maybe I'm just a little wuss b/c it makes my arm hurt after a while.
(Maybe? Let's face it. I am a wuss after admitting that.)

*Even if you don't like dijon mustard, you can't skip this when making dressing. 
It acts as an emulsifier to combine the vinegar & oil. 

I love it on a greek salad with cucumbers, tomatoes & feta cheese. You can also use it as a marinade for grilled veggies. Mmm... makes me miss summer real bad!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! I'm a greek-salad-lover so this is right up my alley.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting.