1.05.2011

Recipe Wednesday: Tortellini Soup

Tim and I just had this for dinner & you would love it! It's a quick soup to make and perfect for busy nights when you get home late. I was late tonight because of my spa appointment. My life is so hard!

[My husband, tired & hungry after a long day of work]
Ingredients
4 c. chicken broth
1 (9 oz.) package of tortellini, any flavor
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes
Basil to taste
2 T. balsamic vinegar
Grated parmesan cheese
Black pepper

Directions
Bring broth to boil in a soup pot. Add tortellini and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in beans & tomatoes. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in basil & balsamic vinegar. Ladle into bowls and top with cheese & pepper to taste.

[I doubled the recipe because we <3 leftovers]
[Recipe credit goes to my lovely mother, Marcia Taylor]
[This centerpiece doubles as a reminder to eat fruit. Thanks, centerpiece!]
Now it's time to post-up in the corner of our Ikea couch & enjoy some prime time TV with Timmy. He's cuddling with a bottle of Yuengling Black & Tan right now. I think I'm a way better cuddler, but whatever.

1 comment:

  1. Tortellini soup??? Oh my I've never heard of such thing... sounds amazing! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful when commenting.